DO YOU WANT TO STOP FEELING SO OVERWHELMED ABOUT THE STATE OF THE WORLD AND START EATING IN A WAY THAT ALIGNS WITH YOUR VALUES?
What if I told you, all it required was a simple shift in our thinking?
A food citizen is
“Someone who wants to, can and does shape the food system for the better, and encourages others to do the same” – Food Ethics Council
If you consider yourself a greenie and know that food can have a really positive impact on our environment, you’re in the right place
This might sound familiar…
- You’re looking at your rising grocery bill and wondering how you’re going to continue to afford eating all of those foods that you really enjoy?
- You want to be eating less or better quality meat, but you have no idea where to start?
- You’re concerned about the constant disruptions to our food supply from empty shelves to unaffordable prices (hello iceberg lettuce) that you’re wondering what needs to change?
- You’re already doing lots of great things like buying local and growing some veggies, and you want to do more, you’re just not sure what and how?
When we begin to learn more about our food, where it comes from, how it’s been grown, and all of the negative impacts it has on our health and the environment, we begin to feel empowered to make small changes.
What if you had all those questions, that are buzzing around in your head, answered in one easy place?
The truth is, being a food citizen doesn’t have to be difficult. Once you know all of the different ways you can support a better food system, you can choose to do the things that fit in with your life.
You can begin to align your food choices with what’s important to you, rather than continuing to be influenced by how much things cost, how convenient it is and how much it’s marketed to you.
I was overwhelmed by the complexities in our global food system and how I could become more informed and engaged, but Kylie’s ‘Guide to be a Food Citizen’ really helped me to identify the areas that I could tackle easily. From reducing food waste through composting, or having conversations with stall vendors at the local farmers market, the e-book has been a great educational resource about what it means to be a food citizen and how every little bit helps to make our food system become more sustainable for future generations.
That’s why I’ve created
YOUR GUIDE TO BE A FOOD CITIZEN TOOLKIT
A step-by-step solution for the everyday person, who wants to do their bit for the planet through their food.
I’ve taken everything I’ve learned from my studies, years of lecturing, and most importantly, my own food citizen journey, and packaged it up into a comprehensive toolkit.
The outcome is a 49 page eBook which includes 16 actions to be a food citizen. This is combined with an extensive resource list, along with search engine tips on how to find things close to where you live. It also comes with additional printable resources, informative videos and a worksheet.
YOUR GUIDE TO BE A FOOD CITIZEN TOOLKIT
Isn’t just another resource on how you can eat and live more sustainably.
This extensive guide provides a no-nonsense path which highlights the reasons why we need to create a better food system, the different ways you can make a difference, and useful tools and resources to get you started quickly and easily.
“I am a busy mum of 3 boys, and when they were little I was vigilant about keeping our food clean, supporting local and growing our own food, however more recently as life has gotten busier I realised I have completely fallen off the wagon! The Food Citizen toolkit has sparked my interest once more and made me realise that now more than ever it’s important to be going back to basics in this way with my children and teaching them to value our natural resources and our farmers so that the future generations still have access to quality food. Thank you Kylie for reminding me to get back to basics and for reigniting my passion in this area!!”
YOUR GUIDE TO BE A FOOD CITIZEN TOOLKIT IS DIFFERENT BECAUSE
It shows you how, but it also shows you why. Understanding why we need to be supporting a better food system, is where the change begins. Until we have a greater awareness of both the issues and the solutions, it’s easy to continue shopping at the supermarket because we don’t know any different..
WHEN YOU IMPLEMENT THIS TOOLKIT YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Easily locate locally grown fruit and veggies close to where you live
- Feel more confident in how to start doing those things you keep dreaming about, such as starting a veggie garden or composting
- Understand that change doesn’t happen overnight and that being a food citizen is a lifelong journey
- Have fun finding what works for you and your family, and knowing that there’s not a one size fits all approach to being a food citizen
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS
YOU’LL RECEIVE A 49 PAGE EBOOK WHICH INCLUDES 16 WAYS YOU CAN BECOME AN EMPOWERED FOOD CITIZEN
- The eBook is broken down into three sections – things you can do in your home, your community and things you can do to advocate for change
- It includes an extensive resource guide with lots of links to websites and relevant information to enable you to get started straight away on your food citizen journey.
IT ALSO COMES WITH THESE ADDITIONAL RESOURCES
- Food Citizen checklist
- Food Citizen manifesto
- Food Citizen worksheet
- A video on the challenges in the food system
- A video on the difference between a consumer and a food citizen
YOU’LL ALSO GET ACCESS TO THESE EXCLUSIVE BONUSES
- A simple guide to get started with composting
- Tips on how to engage with your local council to set up a community garden
- A video on which values influence your food choices and how to become aware of these
Imagine what life would be like if…
- You had a handy resource to access all the information you need, to help make you make positive choices with your food?
- You knew that your actions were creating a ripple effect throughout the world?
- You felt good about the things you were doing because they aligned with the things that are important to you.
THAT’S WHAT’S POSSIBLE WITH YOUR GUIDE TO BE A FOOD CITIZEN TOOLKIT
I found the ‘Your Guide to be a Food Citizen’ toolkit a very helpful resource, jam-packed full of practical ideas that helped me to take steps towards making changes in our lifestyle. I knew there just had to be a better way to source our meat but had no idea CSA’s actually existed until I read this guide. Now that we’re part of a CSA, we know exactly where our meat is coming from, we know our farm uses sustainable practices and the meat they produce is outstanding in quality and taste. We’re so much happier with this choice!
– Kath Duhigg
BUY TODAY AND RECEIVE
The complete YOUR GUIDE TO BE A FOOD CITIZEN TOOLKIT (VALUE: [$17])
You’ll get access to…
- Your Guide to be a Food Citizen eBook ($22)
- Food Citizen checklist ($17)
- The Food Citizen manifesto ($17)
- A video on the challenges in the food system ($22)
- A video on the difference between a consumer and a food citizen ($22)
- A simple guide to get started with composting ($17)
- Tips on how to engage with your local council to set up a community garden ($17)
- A video on which values influence your food choices and how to become aware of these ($22)
- Plus a Food Citizen worksheet
THAT’S A TOTAL VALUE OF MORE THAN $156.
So who am I to be telling you how to become a food citizen?
I’m Kylie and I’ve spent the last fifteen years on my own food citizen journey. More recently I’ve been supporting people through coaching them to make easy and sustainable changes to the way they shop, cook, eat or grow that are in alignment with their values.
This has been propelled by doing a Masters in Food Policy, writing a unique undergraduate course in Food Citizenship, and becoming a semi-finalist in the global Food Systems Vision Prize. Over the years I’ve connected with farmers, home gardeners, community gardeners, chefs, advocates, gastronomers, composters, nutritionists, academics, Councillors, innovators and more, who are doing extraordinary things to transform the food system, and inspire me everyday to continue doing what I’m doing.
Here are some questions people have asked before buying to YOUR GUIDE TO BE A FOOD CITIZEN TOOLKIT
How do you know the toolkit will turn me into a food citizen?
Good question! As I’m sure you know, starting any new behaviour takes time and effort. So since I’m not there with you, it’s tricky for me to know whether you’ll put in the time and effort required. What I do know is that the information I’ve shared in this toolkit has inspired thousands of people both in person and online, to transform their food choices to support a better food system. We know information alone doesn’t change behaviour. But when that information is supported by a deep-seated desire to be part of the solution, then this is where the power lies. If you’ve got this far, it’s clear that you have a desire to do good in this world. The information included in the toolkit enables you to do that. If you’re still uncertain, then download my 7 steps to be a food citizen on the home page and see if that inspires you on your food citizen journey.
What happens when I press the buy button?
I love this question! First up, you’ll head over to the checkout page where you can enter your payment details. You can pay with PayPal or your credit/debit card via Stripe. Prices in AUD but this offer is available worldwide. As soon as your payment is processed, you’ll be able to download everything you need.
You’ll also get a link emailed to you with all the details. If that email goes missing, please contact my support team at email@example.com and they’ll get it sorted for you.
What if I need more support to get this right?
Great question. With any new behaviour, sometimes you do need a little more help to figure out exactly how to make the changes and also stick to them. My first tip is to read through the eBook and determine which things you’d like to make changes to. Head to the resource section and start to do some research following the links and search terms provided.
If you’re getting stuck, or not finding the answers that you need, I also offer a coaching service if you’d like me to find the answers together. I can also help you to take a look at some of the blocks that might be stopping you from making the changes you know you want to make. I’ll send you more details about this via email once you’ve got your toolkit.
Can I get a refund if I change my mind?
Sorry, there are no refunds if you change your mind. However, if there is a problem with the download, please get in touch with my team within 7 days so we can fix it for you or give you your money back. For more details, please read my terms and conditions here.
So if you’re ready to ditch a food system that harms our health and the environment, and be part of the solution to creating a better food system…