FOOD SYSTEM SERVICES AND CONSULTING
Our food system is in trouble. Finding solutions to move towards a more sustainable, healthier and fairer food system is now more important than ever before. Do you need help to identify some of these solutions? I can assist you with this.
As a food systems expert with over twenty years experience, I can assist organisations, businesses, governments and communities to find these solutions. This includes delivering projects, in-house training and workshops or speaking at events.
I’m a highly skilled facilitator and have extensive experience in writing and delivering training programs for individuals, health professionals and organisations.
Having completed a MSc in Food Policy in London, I have a unique understanding of the extensive issues that exist within the global, national and local food systems, and many of the solutions that are available to address these challenges.
Food citizenship is at the core of many of these solutions. I believe that by changing the way we think of ourselves to food citizens we have the power to create a better food system for both people and the planet. In 2019, I wrote and lectured a brand new course in Food Citizenship at Queensland University of Technology.
Within my own city, I continually advocate for a more localised food system. I was a semi-finalist in the global Food Systems Vision Prize, led by the Rockefeller Foundation, which outlines our vision for Brisbane’s local food system that we aspire to create by the year 2050.
I’m also a founding member of the Brisbane Fair Food Alliance, which is focused on advocating for a fairer food system within South East Queensland and one of the Directors of the Community Supported Agriculture Network Australia & New Zealand.
In order to create change we have to take a food systems approach. This brings together thinking and action across the entire food system from paddock to plate. This approach can be used to deliver on a range of health, environmental, social and economic outcomes.
FOOD SYSTEMS SERVICES I PROVIDE INCLUDE:
- Research and deliver a range of food systems projects, focused on localising food production and access.
- Deliver in-house training and workshops to upskill and empower staff to identify the solutions needed to transform the food system for the better, within organisational objectives.
- Speak at events on the power of food citizenship and its ability to influence and steer the food system towards one that is fair and resilient for all, be it for people, animals or the planet.
- Assist organisations to develop a food policy, to facilitate coordinated decision-making and action towards improving the local food system.
- Write articles on healthy and sustainable food systems for both online and print media.
- Offer guidance and support on how to establish a Food Policy Council in your community, region, town or city.